College House Computing supports and provides access to current and emerging information technology resources for students, faculty and staff residing in the College Houses. We offer a secure and accessible computing environment and information technology education and services which will enable College House residents to utilize information technology effectively in order to realize their full potential in their chosen academic and personal pursuits, now and in the future.
Our services include:
- Technology-rich Learning Spaces with wide-screen HDTVs and flexible furnishings for group projects and collaboration, individual academic work, or quiet study.
- 40 hour help desk services in every College House staffed by resident student Information Technology Advisors (ITAs) provide on-site IT support and assistance connecting Windows and Apple computers to the wireless and wired network.
- 5 College House Computing full-time IT professionals oversee services and provide assistance.
- 13 College House Computing labs provide students with a 24 hour computing environment and fast-output laser printing for their academic needs.
- A Central Help Desk staffed by IT professionals provides Monday through Friday daytime services for students residing in the College Houses.
- IT professional staff and ITAs make room calls to troubleshoot network connectivity problems and provide general support.
- Enhanced Technology Program Spaces provide technology to support programs that enrich College House academic, intellectual and social life.
- College House residents have access to up-to-date information via our websites and social medial channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
- College House Computing program professionals provide training on current and emerging technologies and customer service and management skills for student ITA staff which fosters involvement in the College House community.