Central Help Desk
The College House Computing Central Help Desk provides daytime services for students residing in the College Houses. Central Help Desk assistance is available via
between 9AM and 5PM Monday through Friday.
Evening, weekend and some daytime services are provided in every College House by IT Advisors (ITAs) through walk-in service during posted hours at the College House Help Desk or by placing a request on www.rescomp.upenn.edu.
Students living off-campus, in Sansom Place East or West receive computing support from ISC's Computing Resource Center (CRC) and First Call (215-573-4778). The CRC is located in Sansom Place West, 3650 Chestnut St., Suite 202, and is open 2-4:30, M-F. Help is also available via e-mail at email@example.com. Some students may have additional support in their schools.
Students in a fraternity or sorority house can obtain support via the Greek ITA system by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Greek students may be referred to the CRC by the Greek ITA system at certain times throughout the year.
All College House Computing (Central and College House) Help Desks troubleshoot and answer questions related to computer hardware, software, and networking issues. If a question cannot be resolved by the Help Desks, the Help Desk staff will forward the ticket to the appropriate group for action and resolution.
The goal of the daytime Central Help Desk is to
- Phone: respond to all calls between 9AM and 5PM M-F
- Email: respond to requests the same day.
Calls or emails received after 5pm or on weekends will be responded to on the next business day or may be referred to the ITAs in the College Houses for more immediate service.
Get College House Computing help:
- Call 215 266 3869 Monday - Friday 9AM to 5PM to ask a question or secure an appointment at the Stouffer Commons Central Help Desk. Every effort will be made to provide same day assistance.
- Walk-in to your College House Help Desk during posted hours to receive ITA assistance.
- Submit a Help Request via the web to receive ITA assistance at www.rescomp.upenn.edu
- Email the Central Help Desk email@example.com